EBT/SNAP Benefits Accepted
With the German Coast Farmers' Market Match Program, shoppers with SNAP benefits will be given $1 in Market Match tokens for every $1 spent at the market using their EBT card (up to $20 per market day). Tokens can be used to purchase any SNAP eligible products available at the market and have no expiration. Please visit our German Coast Farmers' Market Welcome Booth to use your EBT card at the market.
Due to the power outages and displacement from homes caused by Hurricane Laura, effective immediately, retail food stores licensed by USDA and located in the State of Louisiana may continue to accept SNAP benefits in exchange for HOT foods and foods intended to be consumed on retailer premises. These special rules are in effect through November 30, 2020. When hot foods are purchased with SNAP EBT benefits through November 30, 2020, the purchases are NOT subject to sales tax, as the foods mentioned above are considered SNAP eligible during this period.
Wednesday, November 25th
Bees Are My Business - local raw honey (spring, summer, & fall honey available, honeycomb, fresh farm eggs, pickled items, creamed honey, honey butter, fresh peanut butter, bee pollen and more! (preorders: 504-451-8091)
Fleece Throws and More by Mar - fleece throws, baby blankets, bowl koozies, grown-up bibs, scarves
James Zeringue Vegetables - a variety of seasonal vegetables, eggs, honey (preorders: 504-329-5046 & 504-416-1285)
Sandy's Sweets and Treats - variety of hot foods (BBQ, okra, gumbo, yakamein, poboys, burgers), variety of breads (banana nut, cinnamon swirl, lemon poppy seed, pumpkin and blueberry), cakes, pies, cookies, brownies, popcorn balls, pecan candy, muffins, fruit drinks, sweet and unsweetened tea, hot chocolate, coffee
Story Produce - a variety of fresh fruits & vegetables, jams, honey, cracklins (preorders: 504-508-5363)
***vendors may be subject to change***
To Our German Coast Farmers' Market Customers
In an effort to continue operating our weekly farmers' markets and give our loyal customers access to the essential items provided by our vendors, we have implemented some changes to the market in order to keep our customers, as well as our vendors safe. These are just a few of the changes that we have implemented:
- Our Market Coordinator is constantly monitoring our patrons to ensure everyone is social distancing and there is no overcrowding in any area of the market.
- All vendors are required to wear a mask.
- Customers must form a single line at each booth and leave at least 5 feet between yourself and other patrons.
- Our vendors are trying to decrease your wait times by bringing in extra staff, as well as packaging items as grab-and-go. You may want to get a vendors name and contact information to preorder items for the following market to reduce your wait time.
- All vendors will have hand sanitizer and use gloves when coming into contact with any food items.
- There will be no outdoor seating and dining tables.
As always, we ask our vendors and customers to stay home if they are feeling ill. Thank you for
your continued support of our market, we will continue to share our vendors' items with you as long as we can.
-The GCFM Board